vendredi, février 16, 2007

Busy time

A few days of silence, beacuse first of all not much happened, and secondarily I had quite busy time now.

At this moment I have about 14 applications to write until 9th of March - and if everything would be good they needed to be finished at 1st of March. All of them. Most of them is for a job as a trainer, 1 or 2 for grants and rest for participation in some events. Besides that I need to write many e-mails, finish finally one report and start to work on 2 project applications for 1st April. Looks busy ;)

Last days weren't so busy with chating with friends. A few conversations with Biba, Sylwia and Annamari and a few short with Maartje. Biba is busy with her essays, Sylwia with being in Berlin ;) Annamari and Maartje with work. Maartje additionally with moving to her new appartement during this weekend. Rene and Catalina are participating in the EBM in Gliwice, Jakob has problems with the computer, Sergej is preparing his drawings for an exam on Monday and so on. I need to be patient more less until the beginning-middle of next week. Don't have any other choice ;)

When I switched my computer on the St. Valentine's Day I was greet with hugs from Sylwia, then got message from my blog-friend Marta. And then the whole day nothing. And suddenly at the evening I got a short wishes on Gadu-Gadu from a single guy. And it was M. - the last guy from whom I expected to get wishes on this day! ;) What a surprise. Then we had a nice and quite long - as for him - conversation on GG. Interesting end of the evening.

In this week I got again one refusal about the job - it looks like 'habbit' now :( I wonder if there will be any positive institutional answer in this half of the year? Let's wait and see...

A few days ago I received a news from the lady from the Council of Europe that our project (about HRE planned with the PYC) is on the waiting list and we'll get the final answer on the beginning of next week. So, I started to worry about it. And suddendly today we got the final answer - we got the grant!!! It's cool. The only problem now is that we got 3500 Euro less than we applied :( That means looking for the other resources, what is not easy in this country in 2 months. Even less if we want to confirm the hotel reservation. Or changing the nice hotel for a hostel, which I wouldn't like to do, to be honest. But still great! Marius already confirmed that dates are still ok for him. Now I'm waiting for the confirmation from Marc. And we'll aslo get the support from CoE in the form of the 4th trainer nominated and paid by them :) And some other things - promotion on websites, support letters and so on. We may also have a visit of the employee of the CoE during our TC, but this is not sure and will be cofirmed later. Now I need to create a preparation schedule and a revised budget and send it together with a confirmation of the date to the CoE before 19th of February! They didn't gave us much time... ;) This is the first grant which we got from the CoE, so I'm quite happy - maybe this is a beginning of the CoE-adventure on next level? ;)

It looks that the PYC is slowly moving forward. On 2nd March there will be one day conference organized by the PYC and the representation of the European Commission in Poland. We're also organizing together a 2 competitions (essay and ideas) and the winners will be nominated by the PYC to go to the Youth Summit in Rome :) Lucky guys :p We're also talking about the study visit of the representative of the European Youth Forum - to come to Poland for a few days to help us to plan the development of the PYC, talking about our membership in it, having meetings with stakeholders to convince them to support us and so on. Cross your fingers for all those things!

I also received a preliminary information that I was accepted for a 4th meeting of the National Campaign Committees of the "All Different - All Equal" Campaign, which will be held at the beginning of March in Warsaw. At the beginning of the next week I should get the final confirmation and more details. So, during those days I will probably (at least partly) participate in the "Action Week" organized by our Polish NCC. It will be for sure interesting - week against a homophobia in our country! I hope I'll not be hurt ;) Hehehe... no, fairytale - not during the meeting of NCCs of the Council of Europe Campaign ;) I hope there will be also more collegues and friends.
I started to help our NCC some weeks ago. Now I'm taking care about one competition organized with help of the group of journalists, a database of projects held in the frame of the Campaign by our partner NGOs and creating an offer for new partners. So, also quite much work. But it's fun - finally I'm in the NCC, so officialy involved in my lovely Campaign :D
Additionaly, Mara - my hungarian friend - send me an offer to apply for the training courses about cultural diversity and youth participation for 1st April. To finally work together as a team :) One would be held in Poland during the fall, one in Hungary. She is negotiating with one hungarian NGO and I'm in touch with two friends NGO - of Ewa and of Sylwia. So, I hope that everything will work and during this fall I'll have additional 2 training courses to lead and to lead them with my lovely friend Mara. And maybe some other friends - don't have plans still for the rest of the team :)

And maybe finally I'll be paid for the seminar in Macedonia! At least one from organizers promissed to send the money in the end of next week. And I don't know where - to the local organizer or directly to me... Besides, it's Italian NGO, so probably end of February or mid-March is more realistic ;) Let's see!

Besides that I'm suppose to write an application for the youth project for our local partnership before 5th of March. I have problems with brainstorming, it seems that ideas which I really like are not so well seem by the board of it. Let's see as well. The problem is that I should also co-ordinate it, so for me the best time would be half of June - half of August. If 2 projects will not be accepted then since the beginning of June to the end of September. But I would prefer if they would be accepted of course! And I hope that they will like my last idea, which I find not so bad - mostly busy during the July, later rather moderation and in September one meeting.

Ok, I was thinking to write the post also on the Polish blog, but I'll just check my e-mails and try to go to sleep. It would be good to return to good habbits - going to sleep at midnight :p

1 commentaire:

René Keijzer a dit…

Wow, so it pays of all this work :) You see not only bad news :)

Wonderfull. I hope you have also more luck with the applications you still are writing!