samedi, septembre 16, 2006

Again Rotterdam

Yesterday I came back home after long bus jurney. It should be 20 hours and it was 23 hours :( We're waiting near the German - Polish border for delayed bus from the UK - to split passangers between buses going to different cities in Poland. And on the way we're stopped by German police (to check our ID?) and after border by Polish customs service to check our luggages. So, trip was quite interesting :p Yesterday I was relaxing, resting, talking with my uncle, watching tv, reading all those mails after few days offline etc. Now there is a time to share a bit with you my further Rotterdam visit and also Brussels stay :) But Rene wrote already a nice description of our meeting, so I'm not sure if I should do this or just give link to his version ;)

During our 'sightseeing' on Saturday we saw e.g. city hall, post office, church, statue of Erasmus... After that we went to 'feel' the Festival which took place on few streets in artistic part of the city. That was cool :D Especially all those pink spots on all building around :D In Rotterdam there are many interesting statues, with some of them I have even nice pics ;) And I liked one more church, where was different meetings, interesting design and cool music. On the way to have a coffee we had an opportunity to listen to really cool music on the street. We reached an Old Harour for a coffee and cola and then we decided about Italian dinner :) During nice dinner Rene's friend - Lara called us if she may join us for an evening. So, she appears during the dessert time ;) We decided to go for a movie. We saw "The Sentinel", I agree with Rene - it was interesting movie and not so "Hollywood-style" as I thought it will be ;) Then Lara went home to be back in next day (she is staying in the flat of Rene because of some missunderstanding about place of living until 1st October). And we had a nice walk near the river. Erasmus bridge by night is so wonderful!

On Sunday we started the day with a walk to see 2 windmills. I couldn't refused myself to fullfil my stereotype about Holland ;) Those windmills are located in beautifull park with lake. Day was warm and sunny, so it was just perfect place to visit. I didn't want to go from this place ;) But unfortunatelly my train to Brussels was on 13:24, so we couldn't stay there longer :( Rene went with me to the train station and wait with my for the train.

That's how my visit in Rotterdam finished. I really enjoyed it a lot and I'm happy that I had this opportunity! And I'm veeeery grateful Rene - only because of him I had a chance to 'taste' Rotterdam and to have this cool meeting :D Thank you dear!

1 commentaire:

Anonyme a dit…

Different people observe things differently so for sure you should write it in your own observations and feelings