vendredi, octobre 27, 2006

Relation from Turkey

It was long time, but after coming back home from Turkey I was first very lazy (typical post-project syndrom for me) and since few days I'm very busy.

Turkey - it was very interesting and good time. And I'm sure I would like to go there more times in the future - to discover more things, new places, feel this country more. And I could write a lot, a lot about it, but I don't feel like writing about my impressions of Turkey now. Maybe later. Now - relation from those 2 weeks.

I came to Izmir at the evening, when I was picked up by friend of Serhan (main organizer) - Ferhat. He is working on the airport, so he was resposnbile for all people coming by plane to Izmir. After some minutes it appears that my suitcase didn't arrived! First time in my life! And what is quite funny - I was thinking in the plane that I never lost my luggage ;) But Ferhat was helping me in conversation with the officers, so I get it back after five hours - it seems it was in Istanbul. We met Serhan on the parking and went for a dinner in the city. After nice dinner we went to the pub for a beer and later we bought some sweets - to end nicely the evening. And went to the flat of Serhan, watched some photos, discuss and finally went to sleep at 3 AM!

Next day we're working on the program of the TC until the evening. At 8 PM we went to meet Ferhat and together went for a concert of El Pluma Band "William Cardoso Project", in the frame of 16. Jazz Festival in Izmir. It was sooooo cool! Great music! I enjoyed a lot! And all of them were great. Especially drumer/singer - looks so young (like 17 or 18) and was hyperactive and very funny :) They influenced even all those officials between audience ;) After this great concert we went for a looong night walk in the city centre and near the bay.

Next day we were working until 3 PM, then we went to the University of Serhan to excuse his absence in next days. Then we picked up Behrooz (third trainer) from the train station and went shopping - need to buy all those stuff needed for a TC. And went to Kusadasi. Finally, after 8 PM we were in the hotel. We checked the training room, had a dinner, talk some time and went to sleep.

Next day we're working on the program until the dinner. With a nice lunch break, when we met first two participants. With one of them - Kasia - I had my first (and last ;)) visit in the sea. It was very nice. We've met with almost all participants for a dinner and after it we started the welcome evening. It was nice :)

Next days were very intensive - group wasn't so experienced, but very energetic, motivated, willing to learn as much as possible and asking many questions. Because we were prepared for more experienced people, we changed quite much, especially during the first part of the training - related with Human Rights. We had very nice and interesting sessions, participants want to share a lot, discuss a lot. What also strongly influenced our decissions about timing ;)

I liked work with Behrooz and Serhan. It was good team work. I learned a lot from Behrooz. And I would be happy to work with them again in the future!

I've met again two of participants - lovely Polish girl Asia and great Dutch girl Maartje. It was so great to spend some time together again. And of course I've met very nice new people as well :)

We're very lucky with place - 5 star hotel with all included for youth training course! Amazing! Hotel is great, place is amazing! It's so wonderful that it was very difficult to go away. If our application form for a new training course in next year will be accepted - we are planning to do it in the same place. There was only positive feedback about it :) With all included we have also such a nice things like Turkish bath (recommend it!) and sauna. Was nice ;)

This training was very successful - we have only positive evaluations :) It's really amazing. They came out with 3 project ideas as a follow-up: 2 training courses and one exchange. 2 of them are under construction, planned to apply for 1st November. I'm crossing my fingers with them - to manage to apply in this deadline and to be acceptec. And one will be for 1st February, what is not so good, because new Programme Youth in Action will start in 2007 and it'll be first deadline, what means probably huge mess. But let's see. What is funny - seems that we did a good impression on participants, becase for both of training courses paricipants ask us to be trainers ;) It would be really interesting to do it with them, also because we could see how they developed in this time. But first they need to apply and to be accepted. Then we'll see.

After the training course we spent whole Friday on packing, visiting Kusadasi for arrangement with the travel office, way to Izmir, visiting shops and finally having dinner with Maartje and Elif. And at the end we went to the airport with Maartje and then driving with Elif to her place and finally home.
Saturday was a day of work - starting final report and writing almost whole application for this new training course. It looks good and I really hope we'll be accepted. Now Serhan need to translate it, finish the practical part, check all those parts III and go to the NA with it. Then we only may wait :/ At the evening we went for a dinner with Serhan and Ferhat. And then Serhan went home (he was flying to Bonn at the early morning), Ferhat to work on the airport and I was in his flat with his dad - chatting with friends :)
Sunday was a lazy day - sleeping long, slow breakfast. After breakfast we had a nice walk around the city and near the bay, we drunk Turkish coffee (then Ferhat was saying about my future from the rest of the coffee) and tea, then again walk, laying down on the grass near the sea and talking, eating a chocolate cake. Then Ferhat went to sleep a little bit before working again by night and I was waiting for Elif. Then we both went to the other side of the city and bay - by boat :) We had also nice cookies and tea on the boat. On the other side we're shopping a little bit ;) Also had a walk around and coming back also by boat. And after that walking a bit around the city centre. Then she went home, Ferhat went to work and I was again with his dad.
At the last day I woke up at 4 AM :/ Together with Ferhats' dad we went for a taxi stop, where he put me to a taxi, which took me for a airport bus station. I went for a domestic terminal by bus, where I was waiting about 2 hours for my plane to Istanbul. But everything went smoothly and without delays, I was on time in Warsaw. Then about 4,5 h (!) by train and I was home.

Waiting again for a possiblity to go to Turkey... Really!

3 commentaires:

René Keijzer a dit…

Looks really cool! You must have had a really good time. And yes, Turkey is a great country. I should also go soon again! ;)

Unknown a dit…

I’ve heard that Izmir is a very special place. I’m glad you had such a nice time!

I have kind of ambiguous feelings about Turkey, I remember when I got back it took me quite a long time to collect my thoughts and to try to arrange my feelings in some way. I think if you go back, and I am pretty sure you will, try to visit “the real Turkey”, the places where it’s more like Asia than Europe. Not the cities, I think cities don’t tell you much about people. Cities are more or less the same all over the world.

Go to little places, villages. I think Turkish people are very special and worth to get to know from closer, the ones who are not spoilt by civilization yet. It’s something like in a Polish (or any less developed European) village, I guess. Where people are still human-beings, not just identity card numbers. Humanity is one of the greatest things and we are losing it gradually. Sometimes/usually the more ‘developed’ we are, the less solidarity, hospitality we have.

Hmm, I’m still in my dark and philosophical mood. Sorry for all these bullshit, but sometimes I need to think and come out with my crazy ideas about the world. And what even worse the civilization give me the opportunity to share it with many other people via internet…

Anonyme a dit…

Amiable post and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you on your information.