vendredi, octobre 06, 2006

City of Cardiff



I thought I'll start with impressions about the city. In June (during the prep meeting) I didn't had time to see anything. And now - thanks to being earlier and staying longer than the rest of the people - I had 1,5 day before and 1 day after the European Module to do sightseeing :) I arrived to Cardiff on 23rd September, about 7 PM. When I get to my hotel and check in I only managed to unpack my luggage, make more-less order in my room and then I was doing nothing - only relaxing after this long travel. I was watching TV, reading a book.
Next day - after sleeping long :) - I went for a walk. First I was trying to find a Cardiff Bay, but I chosen bad way, thanks to what I was loosing time for non-effective way to get there ;) Afterwards I noticed that I was quite close, but it wasn't a pedestrian area, but more office-industrial part of the Bay. Then - resigned - I decided to visit the city centre. There is a really wonderful old city centre, in the style, which is such untypical for the 'continent'. Lovely churches. Beautiful castel, but unfortunately entrance fee is almost 7 pounds, so I postponed it to the next visit ;)
Near the castle is huuuge Bute Park, full of different trees, flowers etc. There is also circle of rocks, nice garden of monks, little castle (probably for lover or old wife ;))), river, channels... Wonderful place. And sooo huge! Part of this park is surrounded by so called wall of animals, with realistic sculptures of animals.
In general - whole Cardiff is full of different kinds of sculptures - because of different historical occasions, geography, nature and also those without any occasion (at least in theory). I've spent in this park few hours (and still didn't visit all places). Then I found Cathays Park.
Then I was walking around the city centre without any aim. I made some food shopping, sent 2 postcards ;) Then I was in the hotel for a lunch. Afterwards I decided again to find the Cardiff Bay. Now succesfully! The Bay and surroundings are just wonderful! Beautiful views, many different places to visit, places to sit and feel the atmosphere. Super! I like this part of the city very much :) You may find few great pictures of the Bay HERE There is also beautiful wetlands reserve - in the middle of the city! I've spent there many hours during those days - observing those great views, birds around, delighting in peace, thinking, remembering... Great place!
In general - whole Cardiff is worth to recommend! I didn't expect that it's so nice, interesting, beautiful and warm place :) I wish to come back there, 'leisurely', at least for the weekend. I even know WHERE I would like to spend it :p With a little 'but' - I think I can't afford for those 250 - 750 Euros per night :/ Well, there is nothing else to do - just find a very reach husband or boyfriend ;) :p
That's the end of pics from the Internet ;) I didn't managed to upload ours to the online album :( Until now only 3 pics!!!
Great pub which we had an opportunity to visit once (at least I did it once ;))
Monument - WWII
Impressive building of the Millenium Centre, also theatre.
It would be great if I would manage to upload more photos before I'll go to Izmir. Let's see!
It's the end for this moment! More great places on the way ;)

1 commentaire:

René Keijzer a dit…

Wales seems to be nice. Maybe next time I should go somewhere else then just London.