mercredi, novembre 08, 2006

Then Berlin

...I've started my travel to Berlin. I must admitt that I love German InterCity Express. They are great! Speed more than 200 km/h, but you don't feel this inside, very comfortable, nice, good design, clean toilets, nice staff etc. I love to travel by them and I recommend it to all of you :p So, in such conditions my travel was nice and fast. In the meantime I was exchanging SMSes with Polish flatmate of Jonathan - Wojtek.

After coming to the train station I was waiting for Jonathan about 20 minutes - he was on the way back from his Polish lessons :D It's his first semester, but he is treating it seriously and it sounds quite ok already. And he has lovely German accent ;) And of course doing some nice funny mistakes :p But seeing how much he is trying to learn it I think that after few more months it will be much better and we may already talk a bit more than basic. Especially if he will develop such a nice contacts with Polish friends and he will visit Poland. So, after coming home I could discover 'reality' of Jona. 3 guys are living in one flat with 3 rooms: Jona (Germany), Wojtek (Poland) and Henry (New Zeland). They have (which is not so obvious when there are living 3 guys) very nice flat, order, clean. Maybe even better than me lately ;) And what more - they are cooking quite good! And they don't need for that any help of girls ;) During eating a good pasta I get to know that there is one friend - Sean (USA/New Zeland) visiting Henry for 4 weeks, and Jona has a visit of our friend Zane with her boyfriend (Latvia) and since next evening our Polish friend - Sylwia will join us as well. All of us were planning to stay until 5th November. So, it was quite funny and interesting - all of us were sleeping in his room. Zane with her guy on one mattress, and Jona, me and later also Sylwia on the second - bigger - one. Actually, it was even cool ;) After the dinner we're smoking my favourite water pipe, drinking zubrowka with juice, and at the end we went for a uni party. During the party Jona was trying to dance with me in this crowd (he just love dancing and also has talent to do it), but after 5 minutes someone hit me in my glasses, thanks to what I had broken (good that not totally!) glasses and my eye also remembered this hit until half of next day. So, I escaped for some minutes from the dance floor and then one guy was trying to flirt with me in a funny mixture of German-English-French ;) But luckly guys decided that they don't like this party also, so after 15 minutes we went home. Then we were frolic around and relaxing before going to sleep - still in this a little more comfortable 'configuration' - two of us on one bed. We're still frolic even after going to bed, like kids :p

Next day we slept long... I think it was 11 when we get up ;) After easy breakfast we went with guys to the big Turkish market. Because guys are living in a ghetto, migrant quarter of the city, but so incredibly colorfull and intercultural. And it's not so 'bad' and dangerous there, at least from my experience. And close to your home you may find great Turksih market with everything what you would like to buy inside ;) We did a huge shopping for homemade pizza - at the evening there was planned a pizza party. After shopping we had an opportunity to listen to the part of the concert of the Balkan band, it was cool. Then Jona went back home to work for some time, and rest of us went to the Martin-Gropius-Bau for an exhibition of photos made by Martin Munkacsi - "Budapest - Berlin - New York". Very interesting photos. Then we had a nice coffee with Sean - still in the museum (where I bought such a nice POSTCARD for Jona ;) we're teasing each other all the time) and rest went to some meeting with friend. After coffee it was time to go home - I was sent for shopping (of course we forgot about few things), guys take care about preparing pizzzas and after coming back I was welcoming and taking care about not my guests ;) This evening to our intercultural company joined few Germans, one girl from France and once from Argentina. Pizza was great, alcohol good as well, in the meantime Sylwia managed to join us finally, so it was cool time. And at the end we went to - so called - Roma Theater (mixture of NGO, theater, pub, meeting place - Jona is working there actively). It was very nice place, with cool music, intereseting people - even one couple more joined us (Germany & Estonia) and wild dances of Jona and Sylwia on the stage ;)

Next morning Zane and Iamonas decided that they are tourist, so get up earlier to visit some places. And Sylwia, Jona and me again slept long and had a nice breakfast about 12. Then we started our tour around "intercultural Berlin + WALL", what means that we're discovering their quarter - Kreutzberg and surroundings. Very interesting, long walk. We had a nice break for espresso and warm croissants in a nice coffee. And then we're continuing walking around. Jonathan was our guide, describing everything, telling stories etc. We saw also few squats and interesting park. We went also to see a still exsisting part of the wall, which was changed for a graffiti gallery, where Sylwia made a lot of photos ;) There we found cool place - youth hostel on the boat, together with nice pub. It's not expensive - 14 Euro. We went there "for few minutes, for tea" and we've stayed there for about 3 hours, sitting near the fireplace, drinking hot wine and eating lasagne. It was cool time. Then there was no sense to visit the 'touristic' centre, so we went home to prepare a dinner for all. After the dinner rest of people went for 2 concerts - jazz and Henrys' (flatmate) and Sylwia, Jona and me were too lazy to go anywhere. So, we were only smoking the waterpipe, drinking zubrowka, tequilla, doing massages and talking - 100 questions to each ;) It was so great time :D

Last morning we had only time for burning a CD with photos and music for me, taking showers, eating breakfast and already there was time to go to the train station. We spoked a little more on the train station during waiting for the train and that's all - end of this lovely time :(
EuroCity train was totally crowded. In Poznan I had 3 hours of waiting, but it was not bad, because Milosz (collegue-trainer, whom I've met in Bonn) took me for a coffee and cookie in a nice place. And then going by train home. About 10 PM I was in my room... tired, but happy!

I need to repeat such a nice relaxing days with friends more often ;) Let's see if it'll be possible!

1 commentaire:

Anonyme a dit…

two in one bed.... hmmm ;)

And yes relaxing days with friends is always good :)