dimanche, juillet 16, 2006

Ukraine

After coming back from Strasbourg I was 2 days home and then - thanks to my friend Marcin - I had a first opportunity to travel to one of our East neighbours - Ukraine. It was kind of exchange - kids, youth and adults together ;) First we spent one day in Lviv. I've heard so many stories about this city before visiting it. But my general impression was - grey and not so well developed city under renovation. Of course, there are many beautiful places too :) For me the most impressive place was the Lyczakowski Cementary (incredible, old, amazing, huge) together with the Polish Eaglets’ Cementary (Polish youth figthers about the freedom during the WWII). After touring we have also some free time, which was very nice :)
At the evening we started our trip to the final destination - Ostroh. In this city is a HQ of the NGO which is partner of Marcins' NGO. They are doing such exchange third time - first Ukrainian families came to Poland, then Polish go to Ukraine :)
After coming to Ostroh we have very nice and warm welcoming, introducing to the host families and going with them home :) I was toghther with my second friend - Eva. Our host family was really nice - quite young marriage with 7 years old daughter. They treated us very warm, want to host us as good as it is possible in their situation. We spoke a lot - in strange mixture of Russian-Ukrainian-Polish ;)
Next day was quite intensive. A lot of tourism - Orthodox church, castle, museum of books, Ostroh Academy. We have also a meeting with the President of the City Council and the rector of OA. At the afternoon we visited a Children Centre - partner of the SMGP. And after that we have a lovely picnic near the river organized by our host families. It was a great time - all those funny games, singing songs, painting our bodies ;), eating those delicious things, relaxing, talking etc. And after that we goes for a disco. It was funny - due to the exam period almost nobody (besides us) was there. So our group was leading this evening :)
Last day we visited only the Catholic church in Ostroh and the wonderful monastery in Meżyrycz. Then we were in the pottery, where we bought many nice and cheap things. After that we have a free time to spend it with our host families. We have a nice home lunch, nice conversations and also we were shopping.
And at the late afternoon we have a farewell meeting, last 'family-photos' and going back home.

That was a very interesting trip. I like all those people, which we met. But I also must admit that there is quite big difference of the standards of living between Poland and Ukraine. I didn't expect so strong 'visible' difference. All people which where first time there said the same. But if I'll have next opportunity - I'll go there again. For the people, but also to see more and to learn more about this country. There is something in it...
I liked also our group :) I've met many great people :) I was also a 'guardian' of 3 teenagers - Eva, Wojtek and Kamil. All of them were very nice and funny. But Wojtek was/is amazing - momentaly he found few people with whom he want to be all the time - talk, hug, joke etc. I think he miss love and care in his family. Even now he's sending me messages each 2-3 days etc. That's so sweet :) But there were more nice people - Justyna, Marek, Kamila, Bartek, Agnieszka, Maciej and Paweł. Especial with Paweł I have a very good relation - he's my new huggy friend. Because of young age (19 y.o.) I may say even - mascot :) And of course I may not forget about my flatemate Eva and our great coordinator-organizer Marcin. My favourite 3 people of those days :)
What a long post - uffff...

Aucun commentaire: